Salsa chicken fajita stacks
(at time of publication)
- 500g lean chicken breast, cut in strips
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- olive spray oil
- 1 red capsicum, cut in strips
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut in strips
- 1 red onion, cut in strips
- 4 large extra-light tortillas
- 300g jar salsa
- 1 small ripe avocado
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish (optional)
1 Place chicken in a bowl. Mix cumin, paprika and cayenne together and use to coat chicken.
2 Heat a non-stick pan or griddle until hot and spray with oil. Cook chicken until evenly golden. Remove and keep warm.
3 Spray pan with a little more oil and cook capsicums and onion until softened. Return chicken to pan and heat through.
4 Warm tortillas and cut each into 3 even pieces. Make stacks by layering tortillas with salsa, spicy chicken, vegetables and chopped avocado. Garnish with coriander (if using). Serve with a mixed green salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.