Salsa chicken fajita stacks
(at time of publication)
- 500g lean chicken breast, cut in strips
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- olive oil spray
- 1 red capsicum, cut in strips
- 1 yellow capsicum, cut in strips
- 1 red onion, cut in strips
- 4 large extra-light tortillas
- 300g jar salsa
- 1 small ripe avocado
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish (optional)
1 Place chicken in a bowl. Mix cumin, paprika and cayenne together and use to coat chicken.
2 Heat a non-stick pan or griddle until hot and spray with oil. Cook chicken until evenly golden. Remove and keep warm.
3 Spray pan with a little more oil and cook capsicums and onion until softened. Return chicken to pan and heat through.
4 Warm tortillas and cut each into 3 even pieces. Make stacks by layering tortillas with salsa, spicy chicken, vegetables and chopped avocado. Garnish with coriander (if using). Serve with a mixed green salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us