Spaghetti with chicken, feta, courgettes and mintReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 320g spaghetti pasta
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthways
- spray oil
- 300g skinless chicken breast, sliced thinly
- 3 medium courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, trimmed, coarsely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons zest of lemon
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 75g feta cheese, crumbled
1 Cook spaghetti following packet directions, adding peas and asparagus in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and return to saucepan.
2 Meanwhile, spray a large frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden and cooked through. Set aside.
3 Return pan to heat. Add courgettes and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes until lightly golden. Add lemon zest and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
4 Add chicken, courgette mixture, mint and pine nuts to pasta. Toss until ingredients are well combined. Garnish with feta before serving.
Other delicious ways to enjoy asparagus
Make the most of this in-season favourite with these quick tips:
- Steam/microwave until just tender. Lay on a plate and top with a softly poached egg, grated parmesan and a grind of black pepper.
- Toss in balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Cook under a hot grill until caramelised (about 10 minutes). Serve with steak or grilled chicken.
- Try asparagus spears dunked into soft-boiled eggs.
- Make a salad from scallops, cooked potatoes, rocket and blanched asparagus. Dress with a lemony vinaigrette.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free spaghetti.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information