Chicken noodle salad with spicy sesame dressing
- 135g dried soba noodles
- 1 red capsicum, cut into chunks
- 2 medium carrots, sliced lengthwise
- 2 courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- spray oil
- 150g skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups baby spinach or rocketarugulaX leaves
- sesame seeds, to garnish
- chilli flakes, to garnish
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ciderhard ciderX or white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce (eg, sriracha)
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- Cook soba noodles according to packet instructions. Drain, rinse until cool and drain again well. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with paper, place capsicum, carrots, courgettes and tomatoes on tray and spray with oil. Roast for 25-30 minutes, until soft and browned.
- When veges have been roasting for 15 minutes, in a separate dish, place chicken breasts in the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until cooked through. Remove chicken from the oven and slice thinly.
- Meanwhile, in a jug, combine all dressing ingredients and stir with a fork. Add a little boiling water to bring to a smooth consistency.
- In a large bowl, place noodles, vegetables and spinach leaves and mix well. Add dressing and toss to coat noodles. Serve garnished with sesame seeds and chilli flakes, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check noodles, vinegar, tahini and sauces are gluten free.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $97. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 16g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Pasta, rice and noodle dishes