Garlicky roast chicken with mashed lemon peas
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 4 x 150g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges, to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 300g small waxy potatoes, halved, boiled or steamed
- 2 bunches broccolini or 4 cups broccoli florets, steamed or microwaved
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, coat chicken with garlic and oil. Season with cracked black pepper, if desired, and mix. Place chicken on baking tray. Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Gently fry leek for 3–4 minutes, or until softened. Add peas and stock, and simmer for 3–5 minutes, or until peas are tender and stock is reduced. Add lemon zest and juice. Remove the pan from heat and lightly mash peas and leek. Season mixture with cracked black pepper, if desired, and stir through mint.
- Slice chicken and divide among 4 plates, along with cooked vegetables and mashed peas. Serve with lemon wedges.
Make it gluten free: Check stock is gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (5 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us