Spicy filled eggplant
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 25g (2 1/2 tablespoons) couscous
- 1 small eggplantaubergineX
- oil spray
- 1 teaspoon harissa
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 3 dried apricot halves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriandercilantroX
- 1/3 cup canned no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained
- 1 tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Edam cheese
Total fat 21g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 14g
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Place couscous in a bowl and pour over 1/3 cup boiling water and leave for a few minutes for grains to absorb the water.
2 Meanwhile, halve and cut the centre out of eggplant, leaving the vegetable case, and dice. Fluff up couscous. Heat a pan with a little oil spray and cook eggplant with harissa, garlic and spring onion for a few minutes. Add remaining ingredients, except cheese, and mix well.
3 Spoon couscous into the eggplant case. Sprinkle with cheese. Place stuffed eggplant in an ovenproof dish. Pour a little boiling water around it. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve with fresh herbs.
Make it gluten free: Use buckwheat or rice instead of couscous and check spices are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us