Tomato and herb lamb shanks
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 6 lamb shanks
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 700ml jar passata
- 415g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups liquid salt-reduced beef stock
- 2 green capsicums, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups frozen peas
- 5 cups cooked mashed potato, to serve
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil spray. When hot add lamb shanks and sprinkle with mixed herbs, turning until all sides are browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
2 Combine remaining ingredients except peas, potato and parsley with lamb shanks in slow cooker.
3 Cook on low for 8 hours. Add peas for the final 30 minutes.
4 In serving bowls serve shank and sauce on top of mashed potato. Garnish with parsley.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 13g
Make it gluten free: Check passata and stock are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us