Tomato and herb lamb shanks
Time to make: 8 hrs 15 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 6 lamb shanks
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 700ml jar passata
- 415g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups liquid salt-reduced beef stock
- 2 green capsicums, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups frozen peas
- 5 cups cooked mashed potato, to serve
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 13g
1 Heat a non-stick frying pan with oil spray. When hot add lamb shanks and sprinkle with mixed herbs, turning until all sides are browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
2 Combine remaining ingredients except peas, potato and parsley with lamb shanks in slow cooker.
3 Cook on low for 8 hours. Add peas for the final 30 minutes.
4 In serving bowls serve shank and sauce on top of mashed potato. Garnish with parsley.
Make it gluten free: Check passata and stock are gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)