Spicy fish fillets with capsicum, bean and tomato salsa
(at time of publication)
- 350g mini capsicums or 3 standard capsicums
- 4 x 150g fish fillets, trimmed
- 2 ½ tablespoons Mexican seasoning
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 400g small tomatoes, quartered
- 400g can black beans, drained, rinsed
- ⅔ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 slices ciabatta bread
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Set a medium-sized grill pan over a high heat. Cook capsicums for 5-7 minutes or until charred and tender. Chop roughly and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
2 Sprinkle both sides of fish with Mexican seasoning. Spray a medium-sized grill pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook each side of fish for 2-3 minutes or until just cooked through.
3 Meanwhile, to make salsa, add remaining ingredients to capsicum bowl and toss lightly. Top salsa with fish and serve with toasted ciabatta.
- Use a can of no-added-salt kidney beans instead of canned black beans.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pizza bases and check tomato paste and yoghurt are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
One comment on Spicy fish fillets with capsicum, bean and tomato salsa
Leave a Reply Click here to cancel reply.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Perfect flavour combination