Coriander and chicken vermicelli salad
- 100g dried vermicelli rice noodles
- 500g chicken breast, cooked, shredded
- 1 ½ cups chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 telegraph cucumbers, peeled in ribbons with a peeler
- 2 cups chopped cos or iceberg lettuce
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 1-2 red chillies, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped roasted cashew nuts or peanuts
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- Place noodles in a large bowl and pour over boiling water. Cover and stand for 5 minutes until noodles are soft. Drain then, using scissors, snip noodles to shorten.
- In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients. Add to noodles and toss through, along with all remaining ingredients except nuts.
- Divide among serving bowls. Scatter over nuts and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 26g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 4g
Make it gluten free: Check sweet chilli sauce and fish sauce are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us