Lemongrass fish parcels with shredded cabbage salad
(at time of publication)
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets such as dory
- 1 stick lemongrass, trimmed, cut in 5cm lengths, bruised
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons gluten-free tamari sauce, plus 4 teaspoons extra
- 4 teaspoons mirin, plus 4 extra teaspoons
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 cups Chinese cabbage, trimmed, shredded
- 3 cups bean sprouts, trimmed
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Cut 4 x 30cm pieces tinfoil and 4 x 30cm pieces baking paper. Place 1 piece baking paper onto each tinfoil piece. Place 1 fish fillet in the centre of each piece of baking paper. Top each with one-quarter of the lemongrass, one-quarter of the chilli then drizzle each with 1 teaspoon tamari and 1 teaspoon mirin.
2 Fold in tinfoil sides to enclose fish and form a parcel. Heat a barbecue flat plate to high.
3 Place parcels on barbecue and cook for 10-12 minutes, depending on the fish thickness. Meanwhile, place snow peas in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 30 seconds then refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
4 Whisk together extra tamari, mirin and sesame oil. Gently toss with snow peas, cabbage and bean sprouts in a large bowl. Unwrap fish parcels then serve alongside salad and steamed brown rice.
Make it vegetarian: Use tofu instead of fish.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.