Lemongrass fish parcels with shredded cabbage salad
- 4 x 150g firm white fish fillets such as dory
- 1 stick lemongrass, trimmed, cut in 5cm lengths, bruised
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons gluten-free tamari sauce, plus 4 teaspoons extra
- 4 teaspoons mirin, plus 4 extra teaspoons
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 cups Chinese cabbage, trimmed, shredded
- 3 cups bean sprouts, trimmed
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
1 Cut 4 x 30cm pieces tinfoil and 4 x 30cm pieces baking paper. Place 1 piece baking paper onto each tinfoil piece. Place 1 fish fillet in the centre of each piece of baking paper. Top each with one-quarter of the lemongrass, one-quarter of the chilli then drizzle each with 1 teaspoon tamari and 1 teaspoon mirin.
2 Fold in tinfoil sides to enclose fish and form a parcel. Heat a barbecue flat plate to high.
3 Place parcels on barbecue and cook for 10-12 minutes, depending on the fish thickness. Meanwhile, place snow peas in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Set aside for 30 seconds then refresh under cold running water. Drain well.
4 Whisk together extra tamari, mirin and sesame oil. Gently toss with snow peas, cabbage and bean sprouts in a large bowl. Unwrap fish parcels then serve alongside salad and steamed brown rice.
Make it vegetarian: Use tofu instead of fish.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like