Stir-fried chicken with chickpeas, broccolini and capsicum
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX (or 400g can, rinsed and drained)
- 300g chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 bunches broccolini, cut into 5cm lengths
- 2 capsicums (1 red, 1 yellow), seeded, cut into thin wedges
- 1 ½ tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups steamed quinoa, to serve
- coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
1 Heat half the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the chickpeas and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until golden. Remove and set aside. Return wok to a high heat, add chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until golden; remove and set aside.
2 Return wok to high heat. Add remaining oil and stir-fry onion for 1—2 minutes, or until golden. Add garlic, ginger and chilli, and stir-fry for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
3 Add broccolini and capsicum to wok with 2 tablespoons of water. Stir-fry for 2—3 minutes, or until veges are almost tender. Return chickpeas and chicken to the wok, add soy sauce and honey, and toss until well combined and heated through.
4 Divide hot steamed quinoa among serving bowls, top with stir-fry and garnish with coriander leaves.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 11g
Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us