Stir-fried chicken with chickpeas, broccolini and capsicum
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 ½ cups cooked chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX (or 400g can, rinsed and drained)
- 300g chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 bunches broccolini, cut into 5cm lengths
- 2 capsicums (1 red, 1 yellow), seeded, cut into thin wedges
- 1 ½ tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups steamed quinoa, to serve
- coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat half the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the chickpeas and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until golden. Remove and set aside. Return wok to a high heat, add chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until golden; remove and set aside.
2 Return wok to high heat. Add remaining oil and stir-fry onion for 1—2 minutes, or until golden. Add garlic, ginger and chilli, and stir-fry for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
3 Add broccolini and capsicum to wok with 2 tablespoons of water. Stir-fry for 2—3 minutes, or until veges are almost tender. Return chickpeas and chicken to the wok, add soy sauce and honey, and toss until well combined and heated through.
4 Divide hot steamed quinoa among serving bowls, top with stir-fry and garnish with coriander leaves.
Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.