Cheesy rice and bean-stuffed capsicums
Time to make: 35 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray, to grease
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 medium courgette, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Mexican seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 2 x 420g cans red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2/3 cup freshly grated reduced-fat cheese
- 2 red capsicums, halved, deseeded
- 2 green capsicums, halved, deseeded
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Spray a medium-sized frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook onion and courgette, stirring
occasionally, for 5 minutes until soft. Stir in Mexican seasoning.
2 Transfer onion mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add rice, kidney beans, tomatoes, coriander and half the cheese.
3 Place capsicums cut-side up on baking tray and fill with rice mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over capsicums and lightly spray with oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until capsicums are tender. Serve with a large green salad.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free Mexican seasoning.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us