Slow-cooked Thai green chicken curry
(at time of publication)
- Curry paste
- 3 shallots, halved
- 3 cloves garlic
- 6cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriandercilantroX
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- Chicken and vegetables
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 6 (900g) chicken breasts, halved
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, sliced
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX leaves
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, sliced
- 400g green beans
- 1 cup salt-reduced chicken stock
- ½ cup reduced-fat coconut milk (we used Trident)
- Glass noodle salad
- 200g glass noodles (cooked and chilled)
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 2 carrots, cut in ribbons with a peeler or julienne cutter
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- ⅓ cup peanuts or cashews
1 Preheat slow cooker to low. Place curry paste ingredients into a blender with 1/4 cup water and process until smooth.
2 Heat a large non-stick frying pan and add oil. Add onions and cook until softened. Stir in curry paste and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add chicken and cook for a few minutes, tossing in the paste.
3 Place all ingredients in slow cooker, adding liquids last. Cover and cook for 6 hours.
4 Prepare noodle salad by mixing the ingredients together. Serve curry with noodles. Sprinkle with coriander and sliced chillies.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 6g
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices, fish sauce and stock are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us