Tagliatelle with baby spinach and bacon
(at time of publication)
- fresh or dried pasta for 4 people
- zest and juice of ½ lemon
- 3 lean bacon rashers, chopped (I prefer dry-cured for maximum flavour)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (use a lemon infused oil if you have it)
- several handfuls baby spinach, with thick stalks removed or regular spinach, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large saucepan. Sauté the bacon until starting to brown, add the nuts and cook with the bacon until toasted. Add the garlic and spinach and toss gently until spinach wilts.
2 Drain the pasta and add to the pan, tossing to coat the pasta in the bacon and spinach mixture. Add the zest and juice of the lemon, taste and adjust lemon accordingly. I like it quite zingy. Pile into bowls and finish with grated parmesan cheese.
Try substituting regular spinach or even silver beet when baby spinach is not available.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.4g
–Saturated fat 3.4g
Dietary fibre 3.8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.