Thai chicken lettuce wraps
(at time of publication)
- Thai sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 ½ tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons mild sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 100g vermicelli noodles
- spray oil
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 500g chicken mince
- To serve
- 1 iceberg lettuce, or 2 small cos lettuces, leaves kept whole
- 2 carrots, grated
- ½ telegraph cucumber, cut in thin sticks
- ¼ cup chopped cashew nuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX and stalks
1 Combine all Thai sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2 Pour boiling water over noodles in a large heatproof bowl, and cover for 5 minutes. Drain well and snip with scissors in a few places to make them easier to eat. Set aside.
3 Heat a non-stick fry pan or wok on a high heat and spray with oil. Fry onion and capsicum for 3—4 minutes until softened. Remove from pan and set aside.
4 Heat pan again and cook chicken mince, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Add half the Thai sauce and let it bubble until chicken is cooked — around 2—3 minutes.
5 Add cooked veges, noodles and remaining Thai sauce and stir well to combine.
6 Place a lettuce leaf on each plate and top with noodles and chicken mix, grated carrot and cucumber sticks. Scatter with cashews and coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check sauces and noodles are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.