Thai chicken lettuce wraps
- Thai sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 ½ tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons mild sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 100g vermicelli noodles
- spray oil
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 500g chicken mince
- To serve
- 1 iceberg lettuce, or 2 small cos lettuces, leaves kept whole
- 2 carrots, grated
- ½ telegraph cucumber, cut in thin sticks
- ¼ cup chopped cashew nuts
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX leaves and stalks
1 Combine all Thai sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2 Pour boiling water over noodles in a large heatproof bowl, and cover for 5 minutes. Drain well and snip with scissors in a few places to make them easier to eat. Set aside.
3 Heat a non-stick fry pan or wok on a high heat and spray with oil. Fry onion and capsicum for 3—4 minutes until softened. Remove from pan and set aside.
4 Heat pan again and cook chicken mince, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Add half the Thai sauce and let it bubble until chicken is cooked — around 2—3 minutes.
5 Add cooked veges, noodles and remaining Thai sauce and stir well to combine.
6 Place a lettuce leaf on each plate and top with noodles and chicken mix, grated carrot and cucumber sticks. Scatter with cashews and coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
Make it gluten free: Check sauces and noodles are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us