Venison pasta bake
Time to make: 50 mins
( Hands-on time: 10 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 500g venison or beef mince
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup liquid salt-reduced meat stock made with 1 teaspoon salt-reduced stock powder and 1/4 cup water
- 670g passata
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs
- 400g pasta shapes
- 250g low-fat ricotta cheese
- 50g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup trim milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated carrots
- 1 1/2 cups grated courgetteszucchini, summer squashX
- 2 cups baby spinach
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Cook onion in oil until softened. Add garlic and cook for a few more minutes. Add mince and cook until browned. Add cinnamon, stock, passata, wine and herbs. Stir well and simmer for 10 minutes until sauce has thickened.
2 Meanwhile, cook pasta following packet directions. Lightly grease a large ovenproof dish. Preheat oven to 190∞C.
3 Mix ricotta, parmesan and milk together. Season. Stir into pasta. Add mince to ovenproof dish with grated veges and spinach. Top with pasta mix. Toss to mix ingredients together. Bake for 25-30 minutes then serve with chopped fresh herbs if you prefer.
Serve with Warm winter salad (see tip).
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and stock powder and check cinnamon is gluten free.
- Can be made with whole-wheat pasta and whatever pasta shape you wish.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us