White wine sauce
(at time of publication)
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 1 shallot, or ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup reduced-salt chicken stock, heated
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light cooking cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or thyme leaves
1 Heat a non-stick pan with oil and add onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened, stirring frequently.
2 Add stock with wine and vinegar and bring to the boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by a quarter. This will take about 3 minutes.
3 Stir in the cream and fresh herbs. Heat through. Adjust seasonings and serve.
Serve over chicken, fish or steak with lightly steamed vegetables.
Make it gluten free: Check stock is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 0g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.