White wine sauce
- 4 teaspoons oil
- 1 shallot, or ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup reduced-salt chicken stock, heated
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light cooking cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or thyme leaves
1 Heat a non-stick pan with oil and add onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened, stirring frequently.
2 Add stock with wine and vinegar and bring to the boil. Cook until liquid is reduced by a quarter. This will take about 3 minutes.
3 Stir in the cream and fresh herbs. Heat through. Adjust seasonings and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 0g
Serve over chicken, fish or steak with lightly steamed vegetables.
Make it gluten free: Check stock is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us