Japanese soba noodle and sesame saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 200g dried soba noodles
- 1 large carrot, peeled in ribbons
- 1 small cucumber, peeled in ribbons
- 4 Roma tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 50g baby spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 Place noodles in a saucepan of boiling water. Cook for 4 minutes. Drain, refresh in cold water and drain again. Set aside.
2 To make dressing, grind sesame seeds to a fine powder using a mortar and pestle. Transfer to a bowl and whisk in the remaining ingredients.
3 Divide noodles and vegetables among serving bowls. Pour dressing over and serve immediately.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of soy sauce and noodles.
- Add snow peas, bean sprouts or broccoli florets for more flavour.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information