Apple and fig crumble with nutty muesli topping
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- Dot’s Cooking Oil Spray
- DēLonghi Kettle
- 6 (about 1kg) Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, sliced in thin wedges
- 4 wide strips orange zest
- 1 teaspoon Ceres Organics Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Ceres Organics Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Tasti Ready to Eat Figs, chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup Sanitarium Toasted MuesliGranolaX, Nuts & Seeds
- 4 tablespoons Ceres Organics Wholegrain Rolled OatsOatmeal uncookedX
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Countdown Essentials Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Ceres Organics Ground Ginger
- 1 cup reduced-fat Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly spray a 1 litre round baking or pie dish with oil.
- Boil kettle. Place apples, orange zest, vanilla, cinnamon and figs in a large saucepan. Pour in 1/2 cup boiling water. Once bubbling, reduce heat, cover with lid and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove lid and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until apples are softened and water has evaporated. Spoon apple and fig mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine muesli, oats, sugar and ginger. Sprinkle over apples and spray with oil.
- Bake crumble for 15 minutes, or until topping is golden brown. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt.
This recipe is proudly sponsored by Mastercraft, Countdown, Ceres Organics, DēLonghi, Dot’s, Sanitarium and Tasti.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)