Indo-style chicken noodle soup
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 5cm piece ginger, sliced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 200g chicken breast, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups chopped silver beet leaves
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 4 makrut lime leaves
- 1 stalk lemongrass, crushed
- 150g rice noodles
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
- chilli sauce (we used sriracha), to taste
1 In a pot, heat sesame oil over medium. Add spring onion and garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add ginger, curry powder, cumin and turmeric and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
2 Add chicken stock, 1-2 cups water and simmer. Add chicken, broccoli, silver beet, mushrooms, makrut leaves and lemongrass. Bring back to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Add noodles and cook for a further 2 minutes.
3 Serve soup garnished with coriander and chilli sauce.
Make it gluten free: Check ground spices, stock and chilli sauce are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use Massel Chicken Style Stock and Sunfed Chicken Free Chicken.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information