Asparagus, almond and pomegranate salad with roasted garlic dressing
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 6 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 2 bunches broccolini, trimmed, or 4 cups broccoli florets
- 8 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup fresh pomegranate seeds, to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted almonds, to serve
Total fat 5g
Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 5g
1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a small baking tray with baking paper. Place garlic on tray and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until soft. Set aside to cool.
2 Into a bowl, squeeze roasted garlic from cloves, mash until smooth and add lemon juice, oil, mustard and honey. Whisk to combine.
3 In a steamer, over a saucepan of boiling water, cook asparagus and broccolini for 2-3 minutes, or until tender. Refresh under cold water and drain.
4 On a flat dish, arrange spinach, asparagus and broccolini. Drizzle salad with roasted garlic dressing and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and chopped roasted almonds. Serve.
Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use maple syrup instead of honey and check Dijon mustard is vegan.
Rate this recipe
1 People Rated This Recipe
- (4.5 / 5)