Summer salad with goat’s cheese croutons
(at time of publication)
- 10 slices baguette or 3 slices grainy or sourdough bread
- spray oil
- 60g chèvre (goat’s cheese)
- 2 tablespoons red wine or balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups frisée (curly endive) or other lettuce leaves
- 1 stalk celery, finely sliced
- 1 telegraph cucumber, peeled in ribbons, seeds discarded
- 1 medium raw beetrootbeetsX, julienned
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- black pepper
- fresh thyme sprigs, to garnish
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. If using large slices of bread, cut each into 4. Spray with oil and place in a baking dish. Bake for 5 minutes, until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and spread with cheese. Return to oven and bake for a further 5 minutes, until cheese is warm and slightly golden on top.
2 In a large bowl, combine vinegar and olive oil. Add frisée, celery and cucumber, stirring to coat leaves.
3 Add beetroot to salad and gently combine. Avoid overmixing.
4 To serve, divide salad between 2 plates, sprinkled with walnuts, cranberries and black pepper. Top warm toast croutons with thyme sprigs and sprinkle over salad.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread.
Make it low FODMAP: Use wheat or spelt sourdough, canned beetroot instead of fresh, and reduce celery to half a stalk.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $85. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.