Barbecue lamb saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 300g lamb leg steaks or backstraps
- cooking spray oil
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup coriandercilantroX, torn
- ¼ cup mint, torn
- ¼ cup basil, torn
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce
- sliced fresh chilli (optional)
1 Spray lamb with oil and cook on a hot barbecue until cooked to your liking (medium-rare is nice in this salad). Set aside to rest.
2 Combine salad ingredients in a bowl. Mix together well. Cut lamb in thin slices. Add to the salad. Combine dressing ingredients, then add to salad. Mix well and serve.
- You could also use beef instead of lamb.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free sweet chilli sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information