Barbecue lamb salad
- 300g lamb leg steaks or backstraps
- cooking oil spray
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup coriandercilantroX, torn
- ¼ cup mint, torn
- ¼ cup basil, torn
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 4 cups mixed salad leaves
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce
- sliced fresh chilli (optional)
1 Spray lamb with oil and cook on a hot barbecue until cooked to your liking (medium-rare is nice in this salad). Set aside to rest.
2 Combine salad ingredients in a bowl. Mix together well. Cut lamb in thin slices. Add to the salad. Combine dressing ingredients, then add to salad. Mix well and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
- You could also use beef instead of lamb.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free sweet chilli sauce.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us