Beef and eggplant in lettuce cups
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 1/4 cups brown or black rice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 5cm piece ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 400g beef mince
- 2 cups broccoli, cut in small florets
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 medium eggplantaubergineXs, diced in 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (or more, to taste)
- 4 cups (about 16 leaves) baby cos lettuce leaves
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Cook rice according to packet instructions.
2 Heat a large pan over a high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Cook spring onions, ginger and garlic for 1 minute, stirring, then add mince. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
3 Add broccoli, capsicum and eggplant to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, until eggplant is soft.
4 Add mince back to pan and stir to mix. Combine soy sauce and sugar with ¼ cup water. Add to pan with chilli flakes and mix well. Remove from heat.
5 Serve mince and eggplant mix with lettuce cups and rice on the side. Garnish with fresh chilli slices and shredded kaffir lime leaves, if preferred.
Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce is gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us