Beef and tortilla cheesy bake with slaw
- 1 portion Beef stir-fry mix (see tip)
- 1 portion Tomato, capsicum and mushroom sauce mix (see tip)
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- 400g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 wholegrain tortillas, broken in triangles
- ¼ cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- oil spray
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- finely chopped red chilli, to garnish
- 4-6 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- To serve
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 portion Coleslaw mix (see tip)
- 6 tablespoons Dressing (see tip)
1 Heat a non-stick pan until hot. Add beef mix portion and stir-fry until evenly browned. Add tomato sauce portion with chilli powder and beans. Heat through.
2 Meanwhile, cut tortillas in triangles. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Place beef in a large ovenproof dish and arrange tortillas on top.
3 Sprinkle with cheese and spray with oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
4 Serve bake garnished with coriander, spring onions and chilli. Add a spoonful of yoghurt. Serve alongside spinach and coleslaw portion tossed with dressing.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 10g
This recipe is part of our Cook once, meals for a week feature… all it takes is one Sunday afternoon cooking session to have dinner sorted for the week ahead!
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us