Roasted vegetables with seared beef and mustard cream
- 2 medium (250g) beetrootbeetsX, trimmed, halved
- cooking oil spray
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 small turnips, quartered lengthways
- 450g small potatoes, scrubbed, halved
- 350g kumarasweet-potatoX, chopped
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 600g rump steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Wrap each beetroot half in foil. Roast for 20 minutes. Spray remaining vegetables with oil and add to roasting tray. Cook for 40 more minutes until crisp and golden.
2 To make Mustard cream, combine sour cream, mustard and vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
3 Spray a frying pan with oil and place over a medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 4 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Wrap in foil to rest for 10 minutes.
4 Unwrap beetroot and rub off skin using foil. Cut in quarters then add to vegetable mix. Toss vegetables with parsley and divide among serving plates. Slice beef, add to plates and serve topped with Mustard cream.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 7g
- If you don't have wholegrain mustard on hand, use Dijon instead.
- This recipe also works well with lamb leg steaks.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of sour cream and mustard.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us