Beef and vegetable stroganoff
- 900g blade steak
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 onion, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 green capsicums, chopped
- 2 carrots, scrubbed, chopped
- 1 ½ cups salt-reduced liquid beef stock
- 420g can condensed mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon HP steak sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 200g button mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup Philadelphia Light Cream for Cooking
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Trim excess fat from steak and chop in chunks.
2 Place in the slow cooker with all the ingredients except mushrooms, cream and parsley. Stir well. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms and peas 1 hour before serving and stir through cream 20 minutes before serving.
3 Garnish with parsley.
Serve with wholegrain pasta.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.