Beef and vegetable stroganoff
(at time of publication)
- 900g blade steak
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 onion, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 green capsicums, chopped
- 2 carrots, scrubbed, chopped
- 1 ½ cups salt-reduced liquid beef stock
- 420g can condensed mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon HP steak sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 200g button mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup Philadelphia Light Cream for Cooking
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 Trim excess fat from steak and chop in chunks.
2 Place in the slow cooker with all the ingredients except mushrooms, cream and parsley. Stir well. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms and peas 1 hour before serving and stir through cream 20 minutes before serving.
3 Garnish with parsley.
Serve with wholegrain pasta.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us