Beef and vegetable stroganoffReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 900g blade steak
- 2 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 onion, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 green capsicums, chopped
- 2 carrots, scrubbed, chopped
- 1 ½ cups salt-reduced liquid beef stock
- 420g can condensed mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon HP steak sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 200g button mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup Philadelphia Light Cream for Cooking
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 Trim excess fat from steak and chop in chunks.
2 Place in the slow cooker with all the ingredients except mushrooms, cream and parsley. Stir well. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms and peas 1 hour before serving and stir through cream 20 minutes before serving.
3 Garnish with parsley.
Serve with wholegrain pasta.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information