(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
- ¾ cup grated parmesan
- 3 egg yolks, plus 1 whole egg, whisked
- small handful fresh basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 400g fresh fettuccine or linguine
- 1 whole broccoli, stem removed and core sliced, head cut in small bites
- 2 tablespoons light evaporated milk
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 handful Italian parsley, chopped
1 In a pan, heat olive oil and gently fry onion until soft. Add garlic and cook for one minute. Turn off heat and keep warm.
2 Bring large pot of salted water to the boil and add pasta, cooking according to packet directions. Three minutes before cooked, add broccoli pieces.
3 While pasta cooks, in a bowl mix cheese with egg, basil and pepper. Set aside.
4 Drain pasta and broccoli, reserving 1/4 cup of cooking water. Add pasta, evaporated milk and water to onion pan. Pour over egg mix, lemon zest and parsley. Quickly toss together, mixing well to avoid scrambling the egg yolks. Mix until creamy. Serve immediately in bowls.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.