Spring vege and potato fritters with fresh tomato salsa
- 1 courgette, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 large (180g) Desiree potato, washed and grated
- ½ cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 red capsicum, diced finely
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup flour
- oil spray
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- chilli flakes, to taste (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve
- Squeeze handfuls of grated veges over a colander to remove excess moisture. Place in a large bowl. Add peas, half the capsicum, spring onions, mint, lemon zest, egg and flour. Mix well.
- Spray a large pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Cook spoonfuls of fritter mixture for about 5-6 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Keep warm in oven until all fritters are cooked.
- In a bowl combine tomatoes, remaining capsicum, coriander and vinegar. Add chilli flakes, if using. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide fritters between 2 serving plates and serve with fresh salsa and yoghurt drizzled over.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 11g
Make it vegan: Use Orgran Vegan Easy Egg instead of egg. Check red wine vinegar is vegan and use vegan yoghurt.
Make it low FODMAP: Swap peas for green beans and use gluten-free all-purpose flour. Use green tips only of spring onions.
This recipe is from our Vegetarian weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meat-free meals for two, for under $67. Just grab the shopping list and get dinner done!
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us