Cauliflower, lentil and pumpkin fritters with minty salsa
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup canned lentils, rinsed, drained, roughly mashed
- ½ head cauliflower, roughly cut
- 1 medium leek, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups mashed, cooked pumpkin
- 150g feta
- 4 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup panko or whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh coriandercilantroX or parsley leaves
- oil spray
- 1 cup diced leftover cooked chicken or pork
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped mint leaves
- cracked black pepper, to taste
1 In a bowl roughly mash lentils with a fork. In a food processor pulse cauliflower in two batches until it resembles crumbs.
2 Gently fry leek in oil until softened. In a bowl, mix together lentils, cauliflower, pumpkin, feta, eggs, panko crumbs and coriander. Add leeks and stir to combine.
3 Spray a large pan with oil and heat over a medium-low heat. Scoop heaped spoonfuls of fritter mix into pan and cook until golden. Flip and cook other side. Repeat with remaining mixture to make 8 fritters.
4 To make salsa, combine all ingredients and serve with fritters.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and check vinegar (if using) is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 24g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us