Courgette fritter-filled pitas with tzatziki
- 420g can cannellini beans in water, drained, rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, grated, excess moisture squeezed out
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 75g fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- oil spray
- 4 x 75g wholemeal pita breads
- ½ baby cos lettuce
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint
- 200g reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 5cm piece cucumber, grated, excess moisture squeezed out
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
1 To make fritters, place beans and garlic in a large bowl and mash with a fork until almost smooth. Mix in courgettes, Tabasco, breadcrumbs and eggs.
2 Spray a large non-stick frying pan with a little oil and set over a medium heat. Drop 2 tablespoon dollops of courgette mixture into the hot pan and flatten slightly with a spatula. Cook fritters in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side until set and golden then transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture to make about 16 fritters. Meanwhile, warm pita breads following packet directions.
3 Combine tzatziki ingredients in a small bowl. Halve warmed pitas to make 2 pockets then fill each with 2 fritters and lettuce and mint. Serve with tzatziki.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us