Corn, prawn and courgette fritters
- 300g prawns, defrosted, tails removed
- 4 small corn sweetcornXcobs, kernels removed or 2 cups corn sweetcornXkernels)
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, grated
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives, plus extra, to garnish
- 1 ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup trim milk
- 3 cups ready-made slaw mix
- 4 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
1 Place prawns in a processor and blend until finely minced (or chop very finely with a knife).
2 Combine prawns, corn kernels, courgettes, chives, paprika and flour in a large bowl. Mix to combine. Add eggs and milk and mix well to make a batter.
3 Heat a large pan over a medium heat. Spray with oil. Place spoonfuls of fritter mixture in pan and cook until bubbles show on the surface then flip to cook the other side. Set aside and keep warm until all fritters are cooked.
4 Combine slaw mix and yoghurt and mix well. Serve fritters with slaw on the side and tomato salsa if you prefer. Garnish with extra chopped chives.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 6g
Make it gluten free: Check seasoning is gluten free and use gluten-free self-raising flour.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us