Cauliflower ‘steaks’ with Moroccan-spiced lamb
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 large (about 1.2kg) cauliflower, cut crossways into 4 x 1.5cm-thick pieces
- 350g lean lamb mince
- 2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- 3 cups finely shredded Brussels sprouts or cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- juice of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges, to garnish
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh Italian parsley, to garnish (optional)
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 10g
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place cauliflower steaks in a single layer on prepared tray. Spray lightly with oil. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add mince and cook, breaking up lumps, for 5 minutes, or until browned. Add seasoning and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add Brussels sprouts and carrot and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, or until softened. Add honey and cook for 1–2 minutes, or until lamb caramelises slightly.
- In a small bowl combine yoghurt and lemon juice. Divide cauliflower steaks among 4 plates and serve topped with lamb and lemony yoghurt. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley, if using.
Make it gluten free: Check seasoning and yoghurt are gluten free.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us