Cauliflower ‘steaks’ with Moroccan-spiced lamb
- 1 large (about 1.2kg) cauliflower, cut crossways into 4 x 1.5cm-thick pieces
- 350g lean lamb mince
- 2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- 3 cups finely shredded Brussels sprouts or cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- ½ cup low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- juice of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges, to garnish
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh Italian parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place cauliflower steaks in a single layer on prepared tray. Spray lightly with oil. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden and tender.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add mince and cook, breaking up lumps, for 5 minutes, or until browned. Add seasoning and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add Brussels sprouts and carrot and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, or until softened. Add honey and cook for 1–2 minutes, or until lamb caramelises slightly.
- In a small bowl combine yoghurt and lemon juice. Divide cauliflower steaks among 4 plates and serve topped with lamb and lemony yoghurt. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley, if using.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 10g
Make it gluten free: Check seasoning and yoghurt are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us