Chicken and mushroom potato-topped pie
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon oil, plus oil spray
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 3 cups mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoons plain flourall purpose flourX
- ½ teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
- 1 ½ cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups trim milk
- ¼ cup cornflourcornstarchX
- 300g cooked chicken breast, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- Potato top
- 700g potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- 2 parsnips, boiled and mashed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- To serve
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas or spinach, or combination
1 Heat oil in a non-stick pan and cook capsicum and mushrooms with seasoning until softened, adding a little oil spray if necessary.
2 Stir in flour and cook for a few minutes. Add stock and ¾ of the milk, a little at a time, stirring over a gentle heat as the sauce thickens. Mix remaining milk with cornflour to make a paste. Add the paste to pan and stir until thickened. Add chicken and carrots. Heat for 5 minutes, stirring.
3 Preheat oven to 180°C. Spoon the chicken mixture into a pie dish. Mix the pie topping ingredients together. Season and spread over the chicken. Use a fork to make a pattern on the top of the potato. Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly golden. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with vegetables.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 11g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free gluten free flour and check Tuscan seasoning, stock and cornflour are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us