Chicken and mushroom potato-topped pie
- 1 tablespoon oil, plus spray oil
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 3 cups mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoons plain flourall purpose flourX
- ½ teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
- 1 ½ cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups skim milk
- ¼ cup cornflourcornstarchX
- 300g cooked chicken breast, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- Potato top
- 700g potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- 2 parsnips, boiled and mashed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- To serve
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas or spinach, or combination
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat oil in a non-stick pan and cook capsicum and mushrooms with seasoning until softened, adding a little oil spray if necessary.
2 Stir in flour and cook for a few minutes. Add stock and ¾ of the milk, a little at a time, stirring over a gentle heat as the sauce thickens. Mix remaining milk with cornflour to make a paste. Add the paste to pan and stir until thickened. Add chicken and carrots. Heat for 5 minutes, stirring.
3 Preheat oven to 180°C. Spoon the chicken mixture into a pie dish. Mix the pie topping ingredients together. Season and spread over the chicken. Use a fork to make a pattern on the top of the potato. Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly golden. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with vegetables.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free gluten free flour and check Tuscan seasoning, stock and cornflour are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.