Chicken and mushroom potato-topped pie
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon oil, plus oil spray
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 3 cups mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoons plain flourall purpose flourX
- ½ teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
- 1 ½ cups reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups trim milk
- ¼ cup cornflourcornstarchX
- 300g cooked chicken breast, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- Potato top
- 700g potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- 2 parsnips, boiled and mashed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ⅓ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- To serve
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas or spinach, or combination
1 Heat oil in a non-stick pan and cook capsicum and mushrooms with seasoning until softened, adding a little oil spray if necessary.
2 Stir in flour and cook for a few minutes. Add stock and ¾ of the milk, a little at a time, stirring over a gentle heat as the sauce thickens. Mix remaining milk with cornflour to make a paste. Add the paste to pan and stir until thickened. Add chicken and carrots. Heat for 5 minutes, stirring.
3 Preheat oven to 180°C. Spoon the chicken mixture into a pie dish. Mix the pie topping ingredients together. Season and spread over the chicken. Use a fork to make a pattern on the top of the potato. Bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly golden. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve with vegetables.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free gluten free flour and check Tuscan seasoning, stock and cornflour are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information