Green curry chicken
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 600g skinless chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2–3 tablespoons green curry paste
- ½ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 2 large carrots, cut into rounds
- 2 cups snow peas or green beans, fresh or frozen
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 225g can bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 cups steamed brown rice, to serve
- ¼ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
- Spray a large saucepan or wok with oil and set over high heat. Cook chicken, in two batches, turning, for 2–3 minutes, or until browned. Set aside.
- Spray same pan with a little more oil and return to medium heat. Gently fry onion for 3–4 minutes, or until softened. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Add stock, coconut milk and carrots, and return chicken to pan. Bring to the boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until carrot is tender.
- Add snow peas or beans, capsicum and bamboo. Cover and simmer for a further 2–3 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender. Serve curry with steamed rice and garnish with coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste and stock are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information