Green curry chicken
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 600g skinless chicken thigh fillets, fat trimmed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2–3 tablespoons green curry paste
- ½ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 2 large carrots, cut into rounds
- 2 cups snow peas or green beans, fresh or frozen
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 225g can bamboo shoots, drained
- 2 cups steamed brown rice, to serve
- ¼ cup fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
- Spray a large saucepan or wok with oil and set over high heat. Cook chicken, in two batches, turning, for 2–3 minutes, or until browned. Set aside.
- Spray same pan with a little more oil and return to medium heat. Gently fry onion for 3–4 minutes, or until softened. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until fragrant. Add stock, coconut milk and carrots, and return chicken to pan. Bring to the boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until carrot is tender.
- Add snow peas or beans, capsicum and bamboo. Cover and simmer for a further 2–3 minutes, or until vegetables are just tender. Serve curry with steamed rice and garnish with coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste and stock are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us