Chicken and vegetable hotpot
- 2 medium to large sweet potatoes (about 400g), peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 200g shallots, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 450g skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 red capsicums, deseeded and cut into 1cm thick slices
- 1½ tablespoons plain flourall purpose flourX
- 1 very low salt chicken stock cube dissolved in 1 cup boiling water
- 200g potatoes, thinly sliced
- steamed green veg, to serve
1 Cook the kumara in a pan of boiling water for 10 min until just tender. Drain and set aside.
2 Meanwhile, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the shallots and cook for 5 min until softened. Add the garlic, paprika and tomato purée, then fry for a few more min.
3 Add the chicken and stir-fry for 3–4 min. Add the capsicums and flour and cook for 2 min, stirring.
4 Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Add the kumara and stock to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook gently for 10–15 min until the sauce has thickened. Season with pepper and spoon into a 1.2 litre baking dish.
5 Top with the potato slices, brush with the remaining oil and bake for 45 min until the potatoes are tender. Serve with steamed veg.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7.9g
–Saturated fat 1.7g
Dietary fibre 8.1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information