Roast herb chicken and potatoes with tangy kohlrabi slaw
- 1.3kg chicken (see tip)
- 1 cup chopped fresh herbs (eg, parsley, oregano, rosemary, sage)
- 1 lemon, halved
- ½ teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 2 medium Agria potatoes, 2cm cubed
- spray oil
- 1 large kohlrabi, finely shredded*
- 1 large carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 200°C. In a roasting dish, place chicken. Loosen skin on chicken breast by slipping your fingers in between the skin and the flesh of the breast, and stuff chopped herbs inside. Squeeze the juice of half the lemon over the top of the chicken and place the lemon half inside the cavity. Season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and cook for 1 hour 15 minutes, until juices run clear.
- In a separate roasting dish, place potatoes and spray with oil. Place in oven and cook for 45 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp on the outside and cooked through.
- In a large bowl, combine kohlrabi, carrot and broccoli. Combine yoghurt, mayonnaise and juice of remaining lemon half and stir through vegetables.
- Serve 2 portions (300g cooked meat) of the chicken with potatoes and slaw. Reserve remaining chicken for other dishes this week.
If you can’t find kohlrabi, use broccoli stalks or extra carrot.
Make it gluten free: Check mustard is gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Swap kohlrabi for shredded cabbage and carrot. Check mustard is onion and garlic free.
The cooked chicken will provide enough meat for dishes later in the week.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $67. Just grab the shopping list and you’re ready!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like