Rhubarb ginger trifles
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1 ⅓ cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons ginger cordial syrup
- 6 sponge fingers, broken up
- 2 cups (250g) rhubarb, stewed with 2 tablespoons sugar and cooled
- 1 ½ cups low-fat plain yoghurt
- ½ cup vanilla yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon crystallised ginger, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- To decorate
- fresh mint
- crystallised ginger, finely chopped
- zest of lemon lemon of 1 lemon
1 Dissolve the gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cordial and set aside to cool.
2 Place sponge in the base of the glasses. Spoon over the rhubarb. Once ginger jelly is cool, pour over the rhubarb and leave to set.
3 Mix the yoghurts, ginger and vanilla paste. Once jelly is set, spoon mix over the jelly. Chill.
4 Serve with fresh mint, lemon zest and chopped ginger.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 2g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.