Rhubarb ginger trifles
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1 ⅓ cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons ginger cordial syrup
- 6 sponge fingers, broken up
- 2 cups (250g) rhubarb, stewed with 2 tablespoons sugar and cooled
- 1 ½ cups low-fat plain yoghurt
- ½ cup vanilla yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon crystallised ginger, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- To decorate
- fresh mint
- crystallised ginger, finely chopped
- zest of lemon lemon of 1 lemon
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Dissolve the gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cordial and set aside to cool.
2 Place sponge in the base of the glasses. Spoon over the rhubarb. Once ginger jelly is cool, pour over the rhubarb and leave to set.
3 Mix the yoghurts, ginger and vanilla paste. Once jelly is set, spoon mix over the jelly. Chill.
4 Serve with fresh mint, lemon zest and chopped ginger.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 2g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.