Chicken massaman curry
Time to make: 7 hrs 15 mins
( Hands-on time: 15 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- olive oil spray
- 400g chicken thigh fillets, diced into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons massaman curry paste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 300g kumara, peeled, diced into 2cm cubes
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 large cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup brown rice
- coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
Total fat 11g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Preheat the slow cooker to low. Spray a saucepan with olive oil and set over medium heat, or use sear function on slow cooker. Brown chicken in 2 batches, stirring, for 2—3 minutes or until golden.
2 Add onion, curry paste, garlic and cumin and stir to combine. Add kumara and coconut water. Cover and cook for 6—7 hours.
3 Cook rice according to packet instructions.
4 Steam broccoli and cauliflower and add to curry.
5 Top rice with curry, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free.