Chicken and thyme sausage rolls with fresh tomato sauce
(at time of publication)
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small courgette, grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- good grind black pepper
- 8 sheets filo pastry
- spray oil
- Fresh tomato sauce
- 2 cups diced cherry tomatoes (or regular tomatoes)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. In a bowl, combine chicken mince, carrot, courgette, garlic, chives, thyme and pepper.
- Place one sheet of filo on a flat surface. Cover the other sheets with a slightly damp tea towel to keep them from drying out. Spray one sheet with oil, lay another sheet on top and repeat with four sheets total.
- Divide chicken mixture in two. Spoon one half of the mixture on the prepared filo sheets, along one longer edge, and spread out to make a long sausage. Roll up to make a sausage roll. Place on lined baking tray, with the join underneath. Spray with oil and cut into nine pieces. Repeat with the remaining filo pastry and chicken mixture. (You can do this ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to cook.) Bake for 20-25 minutes, until inside is cooked through, with no pink juices, and pastry is golden.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine all tomato sauce ingredients. Serve sausage rolls with sauce on the side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 1g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.