Healthy green fish curry
(at time of publication)
- rice bran spray oil
- 1 tablespoon green curry paste (or more or less to taste)
- 400g can coconut-flavoured evaporated milk
- 200g (about 1 ½ cups) green beans
- ½ cup snow peas (optional)
- 400g firm white fish (we used tarakihi)
- 3 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 lime, zest and juice
1 Heat a non-stick pan to a medium heat. Spray with a little oil spray. Add curry paste and fry for 1 minute until fragrant (when the smell hits your nose, it's ready). Add milk and turn heat down to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes or so, stirring occasionally.
2 When liquid has reduced, add beans, snow peas (if using) and fish. Stir to combine. Add fish sauce and sugar. Taste and adjust amounts to suit. Add peas and lime zest. Cook just until fish is cooked through then remove from heat.
3 Add lime juice and serve garnished with mint or basil if preferred.
Serve curry with plain jasmine rice or with brown rice (which gives a nutty flavour that works well with curry).
- Make it gluten free: Check green curry paste and fish sauce are gluten free.
- Boost the veges: Serve curry with a salad of grated carrot dressed with sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and chilli.
If you can’t find coconut-flavoured evaporated milk, use 3 capfuls (about 15 ml) coconut essence to 1 can light evaporated milk.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.