Vegetable jalfrezi with rice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons spicy curry paste, eg. tandoori
- 2 cups pumpkin, cut in chunks
- ½ head cauliflower, broken in florets
- 2 teaspoons salt-reduced vegetable stock powder
- ½ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 670g jar passata
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 420g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- ⅓ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- Rainbow rice
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 small red capsicum
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat a large non-stick pan with oil. Cook onions over a low heat until soft, stirring occasionally. Add a little water if they start to stick. Add curry paste and mix well.
2 Add pumpkin, cauliflower, stock powder, coriander, passata and 3 cups water. Simmer for 20-25 minutes, adding more water if sauce gets too thick.
3 Add capsicum and chickpeas. Cook for 15 more minutes until tender.
4 Meanwhile, make Rainbow rice. Cook rice and drain then mix in vegetables, apricots and pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with oil and orange juice.
5 Stir sultanas into curry. Serve curry with rice and, if you prefer, a spoonful of low-fat yoghurt and garnish with coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check curry paste is gluten free and use gluten-free stock powder.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.