Chicken, pumpkin and rocket pizza
(at time of publication)
- spray oil
- 1 (165g) thin pizza base (we used Bazaar)
- ½ cup caramelised onion relish
- 1 (150g) lean cooked chicken breast, diced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup diced cooked pumpkin
- 1 parsnip, cooked and diced
- 200g extra-light ricotta cheese
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place pizza base on a lightly greased baking tray, pizza stone or pizza pan. Spread with onion relish and then top with chicken and vegetables.
2 Top with spoonfuls of ricotta, sprinkle with cheese and bake in for 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted and base is crispy. Top with rocket and season with pepper.
Serve with Warm potato and carrot salad (see tip) to boost the veges in your meal.
Make it gluten free: Use a gluten-free base and check onion jam is gluten free.
As this recipe uses a very thin pizza base, make sure you put the pizza on its cooking tray before adding the topping.
Warm potato and carrot salad
Cost per serve $3.10
Time to make 25 minutes
400g small potatoes, sliced
2 carrots, sliced
200g Brussels sprouts, frozen or fresh
4 cups baby spinach leaves
3 spring onions, sliced
1 teaspoon Tuscan seasoning
3 tablespoons balsamic dressing — made with 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and 1 tablespoon oil
3 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
Step 1 Place potatoes and carrots in a pan of boiling lightly salted water and simmer for 12-14 minutes. Add Brussels sprouts and cook for a further 4 minutes.
Step 2 Drain veg and place in a serving bowl. Add spinach leaves, onions, seasoning and dressing. Toss lightly to coat.
Step 3 Sprinkle with almonds and serve with pizza.
Make it gluten free: Check seasoning is gluten free.
- High fibre, dairy free, vegetarian
- Energy 710kJ/169cal, protein 6g, total fat 7g, sat fat 1g, carbs 20g, sugars 5g, fibre 6g, sodium 270mg, calcium 100mg, iron 2mg
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 8g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.