Mexican beef and bean pizza with avocado salsa
(at time of publication)
- 2 x 22cm precooked Cauliflower pizza bases
- oil spray
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
- 200g lean beef mince
- ½ x 420g can no-added-salt kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 small courgette, thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- ⅓ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled, diced
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add red onion and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until soft.
2 Add chilli powder to frying pan and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add mince and cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon. Stir kidney beans through mince mixture then remove pan from heat.
3 Spread cauliflower crusts with an even layer of tomato paste. Top crusts with mince mixture, courgette and capsicum then scatter with mozzarella.
4 Place pizzas in oven. Cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and golden.
5 Meanwhile, to make avocado salsa combine avocado, tomatoes and coriander in a small bowl.
6 Cut pizzas in slices and serve with a side of avocado salsa.
Make it gluten free: Check seasoning is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us