Mexican beef and bean pizza with avocado salsa
- 2 x 22cm precooked Cauliflower pizza bases
- spray oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
- 200g lean beef mince
- ½ x 420g can no-added-salt kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 small courgette, thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- ⅓ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled, diced
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add red onion and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until soft.
2 Add chilli powder to frying pan and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add mince and cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon. Stir kidney beans through mince mixture then remove pan from heat.
3 Spread cauliflower crusts with an even layer of tomato paste. Top crusts with mince mixture, courgette and capsicum then scatter with mozzarella.
4 Place pizzas in oven. Cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and golden.
5 Meanwhile, to make avocado salsa combine avocado, tomatoes and coriander in a small bowl.
6 Cut pizzas in slices and serve with a side of avocado salsa.
Make it gluten free: Check seasoning is gluten free.
This article may be of interest:
More delicious Mexican style beef recipes:
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.