Mexican beef and bean pizza with avocado salsaReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 x 22cm precooked Cauliflower pizza bases
- spray oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Mexican chilli powder
- 200g lean beef mince
- ½ x 420g can no-added-salt kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- ¼ cup no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 small courgette, thinly sliced
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- ⅓ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ½ ripe avocado, peeled, diced
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat and spray with oil. Add red onion and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until soft.
2 Add chilli powder to frying pan and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add mince and cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon. Stir kidney beans through mince mixture then remove pan from heat.
3 Spread cauliflower crusts with an even layer of tomato paste. Top crusts with mince mixture, courgette and capsicum then scatter with mozzarella.
4 Place pizzas in oven. Cook for 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and golden.
5 Meanwhile, to make avocado salsa combine avocado, tomatoes and coriander in a small bowl.
6 Cut pizzas in slices and serve with a side of avocado salsa.
Make it gluten free: Check seasoning is gluten free.
This article may be of interest:
More delicious Mexican style beef recipes:
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 18g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information