Chicken stuffed with spinach and cheeseReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 4 wooden toothpicks
- 4 x 150g skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 3 x 15g slices reduced-fat cheese, cut in thin strips
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup baby spinach
- oil spray
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 ⅓ cups Italian tomato passata
- 1 ½ cups baby carrots, washed
- 2 cups trimmed green beans
- 2 cobs sweet corn, halved
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, finely shredded (optional)
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut a deep slit (making sure not to cut all the way through) along the length of each chicken breast. Fill each evenly with cheese, mushrooms and spinach. Secure the openings with toothpicks.
2 Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Season both sides of chicken breasts with pepper and a little salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until well browned.
3 Transfer chicken to a shallow ovenproof dish and pour over passata. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
4 Meanwhile, steam carrots, beans and sweet corn.
5 Remove toothpicks and place chicken breasts on serving plates. Pour over sauce and sprinkle with basil (if using). Serve with steamed vegetables.
Make it gluten free: Check passata is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information