Rosemary chicken sticks with brown rice salad and sun-dried tomato dip
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted unsalted almonds
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 telegraph cucumber, chopped
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/3 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato pesto
Total fat 16g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 Heat oven to 200°C. Combine oil, chicken and rosemary in a bowl and mix well. Thread 3—4 pieces of rosemary chicken and 2—3 cherry tomatoes onto 8 wooden (or metal) skewers.
2 Place on baking tray and bake in oven for about 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside.
3 In a large bowl mix the almonds, feta, mint, spinach and cucumber with the cooked rice and any remaining tomatoes; stir to combine.
4 In another small bowl combine the yoghurt and pesto to make the dip.
5 Divide rice salad between plates, top with a couple of chicken skewers. Serve dip on the side.
Make it gluten free: Check pesto is gluten free.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)