Mini Thai red curry turkey meatloaves with pumpkin topping
- 500g lean turkey mince
- 2 teaspoons Thai chilli paste, plus extra, to serve
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped
- fresh coriandercilantroX, plus ¼ cup leaves extra
- zest and juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
- ¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 egg whites
- 1½ cups pumpkin, thinly sliced
- 2 cups green beans, halved
- 1½ cups snow peas, trimmed
- ¼ cup toasted cashews, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease four holes of an 8-hole mini loaf tray.
2 In a bowl, combine turkey, chilli paste, curry powder, fish sauce, chopped coriander, lime zest and juice, breadcrumbs and egg whites. Press mixture equally into prepared loaf tray. Top with pumpkin slices, brush with chilli paste and spray with olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked through. Stand in tray for 5 minutes.
3 Meanwhile, in a small pot of boiling water cook beans for 5 minutes, or until tender, adding snow peas during last minute of cooking. Drain well and refresh under cold water. In a bowl, place coriander leaves, cashews and sesame oil and combine.
4 Serve mini meatloaves with greens and lime wedges and a little chilli paste. Garnish with fresh chilli slices.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and check chilli paste, curry powder and fish sauce are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us