Chickpea and mango salad
(at time of publication)
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, drained, rinsed
- 1 mango, peeled, diced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 3 courgetteszucchini, summer squashX, cut in ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 4 tablespoons chopped peppadew peppersbell peppersX
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 4 teaspoons curry paste
- 1 cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons fresh coriandercilantroX
- 3 x Toscano pizza bruschettina or 3 x small wholemeal pita, warmed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
1 Place chickpeas in a bowl with the fruit and salad ingredients.
2 Mix all dressing ingredients together and serve either on the salad or at the side. Break bread in chunks and add to salad. Toss lightly and serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 10g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 11g
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and check curry paste and yoghurt are gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us