Mexi tofu scramble
- spray oil
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 300g tofu, crumbled
- 3 teaspoons Mexican spice mix
- ½ cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 slices toasted grainy bread
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan or other tasty cheese, to garnish
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
- 1 red chilli, sliced, to garnish
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
1 Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add capsicum, carrot and red onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until softened. Add tofu and stir-fry until the tofu is browned, about 2 minutes. Add spice mix and stir to combine. Add corn, tomatoes and spinach. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
2 Serve tofu scramble on toast, garnished with parmesan, coriander, chilli and Tabasco, if using, with lime wedges on the side.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 16g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.