Mexi tofu scramble
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- oil spray
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 300g tofu, crumbled
- 3 teaspoons Mexican spice mix
- 1/2 cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- 2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 2 slices toasted grainy bread
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan or other tasty cheese, to garnish
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to garnish
- 1 red chilli, sliced, to garnish
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, to serve
Total fat 19g
Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 16g
- Spray a pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add capsicum, carrot and red onion to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, until softened. Add tofu and stir-fry until the tofu is browned, about 2 minutes. Add spice mix and stir to combine. Add corn, tomatoes and spinach. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve tofu scramble on toast, garnished with parmesan, coriander, chilli and Tabasco, if using, with lime wedges on the side.
Browse hundreds of high-calcium recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high calcium ingredients. Browse hundreds of high-fibre recipes. Delicious and healthy meal ideas with high fibre ingredients. Improve your energy levels and resistance with a balanced, iron rich diet. Our huge collection of healthy, iron-boosting recipes are as tasty as they are easy to make. Browse hundreds of low sodium recipes. Lower your sodium intake with delicious and healthy meal ideas. Fresh, inspiring and healthy vegetarian recipes to help you maintain a balanced diet while living meat free. Our vegetarian recipes are full of goodness and perfect for vegetarians and people wanting to enjoy a meal without meat.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Author: Niki Bezzant - Editor-at-large
Photographer: Bryce Carleton2019-06-12 15:13:15
Ready to put your health first?
© Healthy Life Media LimitedAll rights reservedReproduction without permission prohibited