Warm eggplant rolls with herbed ricotta filling
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 large bunch (100g) rocketarugulaX, trimmed
- 1 lemon, ¼ cup juice and 2 teaspoons grated zest
- 2 medium eggplantaubergineXs, cut in 1cm slices, lengthways (16 slices total)
- 4 thick slices multigrain bread
- 350g fresh extra-light ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- toothpicks (optional)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Drizzle half the oil over capsicums. Heat barbecue to medium-high. Chargrill capsicums until charred and blackened. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to cool then peel. Discard skin and slice flesh in thick strips.
2 Arrange capsicums and rocket on a platter. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and the remaining oil. Set aside.
3 Chargrill eggplants until tender and golden. Add bread and cook, turning, until golden brown.
4 In a bowl combine ricotta, milk, oregano, thyme, lemon zest, chilli flakes and the remaining lemon juice. Spread about 1 tablespoon ricotta mixture evenly over each eggplant slice. Roll up lengthways (secure with a toothpick, if needed). Serve with capsicum salad and grilled bread.
- Use a mix of rocket and watercress if you prefer.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 7g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Eggplant, aubergine recipes
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.